Limit of Redmine in terms of database size

Added by gabriel scolan over 9 years ago

Hi all,

Has anyone already experimented the behavior of Redmine while the Database becomes really large (more than 10GBytes for example) ? I just wandering since the Redmine seems to become popular in the company and I don't want to see it collapse in a few months just because too many people like it !

thanks
gabriel

Replies (3)

RE: Limit of Redmine in terms of database size - Added by Thomas Lecavelier over 9 years ago

Every big fetching is paginate, so it shouldn't be a problem. But the better should be to run it through a LoadRunner, but I haven't such a costly license :)

RE: RE: Limit of Redmine in terms of database size - Added by Mat Schaffer over 9 years ago

Jmeter is also pretty effective at load testing and it's free. There's also apache bench which is useful for simple tests. You'd have to generate a bunch of bonus data too if you really wanted to stress the queries. I'd guess the random_data gem would be helpful there.

Gabriel, I don't get the feeling there's been a lot of stress testing on redmine just yet. But if you were willing to start such an effort, I'm sure the community would support you.

RE: Limit of Redmine in terms of database size - Added by Vladymyr Vladymyrov over 9 years ago

Guys, I just though about same question :) And was amazed that it is already asked.
I'd like to help on this.
I think first we should right down possible stress test list.
Also we should check with Redmine delevelopers to suggest possible bottlenecks in project code to check.

I see this tests like:
1) check Redmine interface response time with avarage records number - manually and with stress testing tool
2) generate a lot of records to DB (they can be generated dynamically by ruby code) for all possible objects
3) check Redmine interface response times/failures then - manually and with stress testing tool

(1-3/3)