Multi-lingual With Switching

Added by John McBade over 6 years ago

I run Redmine in an organization where both English and Japanese are spoken.

I have been trying to find out, is there a way to have the field name, titles, menus ites etc be switchable for the language of the user, maybe via a drop down or even a language detection?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Replies (8)

RE: Multi-lingual With Switching - Added by Ivan Cenov over 6 years ago

An administrator may set default language for Redmine.
Users may set their languages different from the default language. This is done in the users' profile pages.

RE: Multi-lingual With Switching - Added by Ivan Cenov over 6 years ago

Above is related to the user interface. It is not valid for custom field names and values.

RE: Multi-lingual With Switching - Added by Mischa The Evil over 6 years ago

For clarities sake: it's not valid for all the default data that is loaded into Redmine initially like roles, trackers, issue statuses, custom fields and all the enumerations.

RE: Multi-lingual With Switching - Added by Joaquim Homrighausen about 6 years ago

Has this been addressed in any 1.3x, 1.4x, or 2.x releases? Or is RM still only capable of displaying values that were pre-loaded during installation?

RE: Multi-lingual With Switching - Added by Joaquim Homrighausen about 6 years ago

This plugin should really be added to the core of RM:

http://www.redmine.org/plugins/localizable

RE: Multi-lingual With Switching - Added by William Roush about 6 years ago

Joaquim Homrighausen wrote:

This plugin should really be added to the core of RM:

http://www.redmine.org/plugins/localizable

Given that all it does is shove a ton of translations into the settings table, I don't really think so...

Though the functionality is nice, needs better implementation (and tests, at least as per things that usually get merged in).

Well, I didn't mean that we should shove it into the core without testing ;) I guess what I should have said is that Redmine needs this functionality, badly.

RE: Multi-lingual With Switching - Added by Joaquim Homrighausen over 5 years ago

Does anyone have a solution to address this in RM 2.x?

(1-8/8)