How to create the Table of contents?

Added by Guest Test about 11 years ago

Im having problems with the Table of Contents element in the wiki...

{{toc}} does not display as the yellow box. It just displays as {{toc}}

i.e. {{toc}}1. Support Tickets handling using RT.

I have the following setup:
Rails 2.0.2
ruby 1.8.6
redmine-0.7.1

Please advice,

Luis

Replies (8)

RE: How to create the Table of contents? - Added by Thomas Lecavelier about 11 years ago

Could you try the {{toc}} alone on its line?

RE: How to create the Table of contents? - Added by Slava Karg over 8 years ago

I can't figure out how this {{toc}} works too.

Any idea?

RE: How to create the Table of contents? - Added by Felix Schäfer over 8 years ago

Slava Karg wrote:

I can't figure out how this {{toc}} works too.

Any idea?

Please paste exactly what you are trying either in this forum thread or on http://demo.redmine.org

RE: How to create the Table of contents? - Added by Slava Karg over 8 years ago

thanks for reply.

I just want to make contents of wiki page. In media-wiki for instance I could enter paragraphs like "== text " or "= text ===" and wiki auto-formed contents in the head of page.

So I started to explore guide in order to find how this process can be realized here in redmine-wiki. And "Table of Contents" sounds like what I need. But I didn't figure out how it works...

RE: How to create the Table of contents? - Added by Felix Schäfer over 8 years ago

Have you actually tried it? You can see lots of examples on the wiki here too, see the source of RedmineIssues for example.

RE: How to create the Table of contents? - Added by Mike Bison almost 7 years ago

I had the SAME PROBLEM, but i figured it out!

Here is HOW it works:

Put the {{toc}} tag BETWEEN your Stuff.
A SINGLE line is not enough look at this:

h1. headLineOne

h2. something

{{toc}}

h2. something more

It needs EMPTY Lines around it!
This is how it works.

RE: How to create the Table of contents? - Added by Shreyas Moolya over 1 year ago

How does this line of code {{toc}} work?

RE: How to create the Table of contents? - Added by Shreyas Moolya over 1 year ago

Thomas Lecavelier wrote:

Could you try the {{toc}} alone on its line?

The main reason this code might not be working maybe because in the main 'Settings' the format is set to Markdown instead of 'Textile'. Since

{{toc}} or {{>toc}}

is not supported by RedmineTextFormattingMarkdown the table of contents doesn't get displayed.

(1-8/8)