Please help RoR newbie install Redmine through cPanel

Added by George Crawford over 9 years ago

Hi,

I must apologise for this desperate plea, but I have been trying to install Redmine all day, and I really need some help. I have set up Ruby and RoR in cPanel, and started to follow the Redmine installation instructions. The first error came when running the "rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production"" command, and was as follows:

rake aborted!
undefined method `include_root_in_json=' for ActiveRecord::Base:Class

I found (remember, I am a 100% Ruby newbie) that commenting out the 4 lines in redmine/config/initializers/new_rails_defaults.rb allowed me to proceed. I don't know why the error occurred, and I wouldn't be suprised if my modification renders the whole app useless, but I persisted nevertheless.

Thereafter, the "rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production"" was successful, as was "rake redmine:load_default_data RAILS_ENV="production"". I can confirm the MySQL tables and contents were created.

Now I'm stuck. I've tried running "ruby script/server -e production", and I get:

=> Booting Mongrel (use 'script/server webrick' to force WEBrick)
=> Rails application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000
Starting Rails with production environment...
Rails loaded.
Loading any Rails specific GemPlugins
Signals ready.

When I visit domain.com:3000, I get a RoR welcome. However, the "About your application’s environment" link gives a "500 Internal Server Error", and the URL domain.com:3000/redmine is unknown.

Sorry again for the helpless plea, but can anyone offer me some assistance?

Many thanks!

Replies (4)

RE: Please help RoR newbie install Redmine through cPanel - Added by Thomas Lecavelier over 9 years ago

Since it's fully cPanel related, you should search help by them.

RE: Please help RoR newbie install Redmine through cPanel - Added by Mat Schaffer over 9 years ago

Is there some way you could check the logs? 500s usually output decent information. Look in both the redmine log folder and apache's logs.

RE: Please help RoR newbie install Redmine through cPanel - Added by Mat Schaffer over 9 years ago

Also what versions of redmine and rails are you using? It looks like include_root_in_json might have come from redmine's trunk, since I don't have it in my distro. That method doesn't appear in rails till 2.1. So I'm guessing your just have a mismatch between rails and redmine here.

RE: Please help RoR newbie install Redmine through cPanel - Added by George Crawford over 9 years ago

Thanks - I got this sorted by uninstalling Rails 2.1.0 and installing 2.0.2 instead

(1-4/4)