Email notification to other project members

Added by Ina Lohr over 9 years ago

Hello,

In Version v0.7.0 you have made this update.

"Notify project members when a message is posted if they want to receive notifications"

Now i installed version v0.7.1 and i dont know how to use this feature.

Where can i notify other project memebers about one Issue.

Thanks for your help.

Ina.

Replies (6)

RE: Email notification to other project members - Added by Ina Lohr over 9 years ago

Hello,

Can somebody tell me what is the meaning of the feature:

"Notify project members when a message is posted if they want to receive notifications"

in the changelog of Version 7.0 and how i can activate this feature?

I would be very happy to recieve an answer.

I am desperately looking for a solution to notify several members in one project about one new issue.

Thanks alot, Ina

RE: Email notification to other project members - Added by Chaoqun Zou over 9 years ago

I think this feature is to be enabled by every member themselves.
Just go to My account page, and select 'for any event on all my projects' under email notifications.

RE: Email notification to other project members - Added by Ina Lohr over 9 years ago

Hello,

But that means you would get all the notifications for the project you are assigned into. Even many which dont even regard you.
I would find it more flexible, if as a project manager i can assign an issue to several people myself.

Is that not there then or?

Thanks.

RE: Email notification to other project members - Added by Nick Gorbikoff over 9 years ago

I submitted as a requested feature about 8 months ago - it still didn't make it into the redmine yet.

Also it would be very beneficial if when I create an issue I could put it "Caller" info. Like let's say i got a phone call or email rather then someone submitted it to redmine.

RE: Email notification to other project members - Added by James Turnbull over 9 years ago

Nick - What's wrong with Custom Fields for this?

RE: Email notification to other project members - Added by Nick Gorbikoff over 9 years ago

Hi, James.

Well the idea is to be able to:

1) Email user on ticket updates
2) Tie that into either user Db or AD
3) Let's you aggregate data on your troublemakers :-) See who is having a lot of problems - maybe they need training. Or maybe they are a very diligent user and need to be transferred into QA department :-)

We ended up writing our own ticketing system in PHP at my previous company because of the lack of better user support/integration - thou I liked Redmine very much.

A lot of times - the people who will submit trouble ticekts are not your developers - but rather users in your company or clients - who will call you or email you.

P.S.:

I would release the system I wrote under GPL - but the company refused, thou they have no intention on further developing it or selling it to anyone. Very shortsighted in my opinion.

(1-6/6)