Problem while upgrading to 1.0.0 from 9.x

Added by Jacky Leung over 7 years ago

c:\Web\redmine>ruby script/about
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.5/lib/rails/gem_dependency.rb:119:Warning: Gem::Dependency#version_requirements is deprecated and will be removed on or
 after August 2010.  Use #requirement
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.5/lib/active_record/base.rb:1959:in `method_missing': undefined method `acts_as_event' for #<Class:0x5a20148> (N
oMethodError)
        from c:/Web/redmine/app/models/changeset.rb:29
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:380:in `load_without_new_constant_marking'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:380:in `load_file'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:521:in `new_constants_in'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:379:in `load_file'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:259:in `require_or_load'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:425:in `load_missing_constant'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:80:in `const_missing'
         ... 33 levels...
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.5/lib/commands/about.rb:1
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
        from script/about:4

c:\Web\redmine>

scripts/about, server, db:migrate all throw me the same error.

Using Gem 1.3.6, Rails 2.3.5, Rack 1.0.1, dev enviroment (default configurations come with dev beside DB), OS is Windows Vista, running MySQL on WAMP

Replies (6)

RE: Problem while upgrading to 1.0.0 from 9.x - Added by Felix Schäfer over 7 years ago

Do you have a redmine_dir/vendor/plugins/acts_as_event/ directory?

RE: Problem while upgrading to 1.0.0 from 9.x - Added by Jacky Leung over 7 years ago

Felix Schäfer wrote:

Do you have a redmine_dir/vendor/plugins/acts_as_event/ directory?

Yes i do, it contains one init.rb and one acts_as_events.rb within acts_as_event/lib directory

RE: Problem while upgrading to 1.0.0 from 9.x - Added by Jacky Leung over 7 years ago

Jacky Leung wrote:

Felix Schäfer wrote:

Do you have a redmine_dir/vendor/plugins/acts_as_event/ directory?

Yes i do, it contains one init.rb and one acts_as_events.rb within acts_as_event/lib directory

to clarify clearly, init.rb is under acts_as_event directory, not lib.

RE: Problem while upgrading to 1.0.0 from 9.x - Added by Felix Schäfer over 7 years ago

Then you have something fishy going on with your load paths or permissions, because that files should define the "missing" method that causes the error. Not how I can help you out with that one though, sorry.

RE: Problem while upgrading to 1.0.0 from 9.x - Added by Jacky Leung over 7 years ago

Jacky Leung wrote:

[...]

scripts/about, server, db:migrate all throw me the same error.

Using Gem 1.3.6, Rails 2.3.5, Rack 1.0.1, dev enviroment (default configurations come with dev beside DB), OS is Windows Vista, running MySQL on WAMP

I found the problem, it seem plugins load be the order of file name... and I happen to have one plugin's name is infront of all act_as_x, so the act_as_event wasn't loaded yet. renaming plugin folder to something else worked.

sorry for the confusion of saying it is 1.0 problem. I installed a plain fresh copy from repository and it happen one plugins' original folder name is different to the one I was using before :D

(1-6/6)