Rake abortion: undefined method `reply' for class `IssuesController'

Added by dop in about 7 years ago

Hi. I tried to rake db:migrate but aborted with the message "undefined method `reply' for class `IssuesController'".
I haven't modify any other codes but added some plugins.
Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
Thanks

Replies (11)

RE: Rake abortion: undefined method `reply' for class `IssuesController' - Added by Barry Bingo about 7 years ago

Yep I'm getting this as well and the ckeditor plugin has not been touched since it was released making the future look pretty bleak.

Fix - Direct Link - Added by Joshua Enfield about 7 years ago

git://github.com/joshsten/redmine_ckeditor.git

RE: Rake abortion: undefined method `reply' for class `IssuesController' - Added by Barry Bingo about 7 years ago

Thanks for looking at this Joshua.
I just tried out your patch, by replacing my /lib/redmine_ckeditor/issues_controller_patch.rb with your new one,
and it all seemed to work fine until I tried to create a new issue and then I got an undecorated screen with the following text.

CKEDITOR.instances['notes'].setData("<p>BarryBingo wrote:</p><blockquote></blockquote><p/>");
showAndScrollTo('update', 'notes');

RE: Rake abortion: undefined method `reply' for class `IssuesController' - Added by Joshua Enfield about 7 years ago

Yea your right. I don't know how I didn't catch that :( I'll keep poking around with it.

RE: Rake abortion: undefined method `reply' for class `IssuesController' - Added by Joshua Enfield about 7 years ago

Commenting out line 11 in the issues_controller_path.rb file seems to work....still testing - I'm not sure what commenting it out actually affects yet.

I basically changed the alias (line i commented out above) to say new: instead of :reply since Eric refactored the :reply into :new and then moved it into the journal Controller. I then modified the function reply_with_ckeditor to new_with_ckeditor to comply with the new name.

Apologies for the spam - alias_method_chain :new, :ckeditor is what I commented out above - it might be your line 10.

RE: Rake abortion: undefined method `reply' for class `IssuesController' - Added by Eraldo Girardi about 7 years ago

I got it working with the changes I wrote here:
http://github.com/a-ono/redmine_ckeditor/issues/#issue/2/comment/384929
I really don't know if it is correct but sure it works for me ;)

(1-11/11)