Redmine for Customer Service Support

Added by O G over 3 years ago

Hello,

I'd like to use Redmine for Customer Support (instead of paying for Zendesk or Tender Support or some such).
I searched for Plugins that might already handle this, but found none. :(

The problem is that my approach (described below) requires all projects to be private in order for customer X not to be able to see customer Y's project and so that neither customer X or Y can see our company's internal projects.

But by making all projects private our own people have limited visibility into our own projects. Ideally, our own people would be able to see all our internal projects. But with this setup described below, I think that's not possible:

I thought I could do something along the lines of:
  • Create per-customer project
  • Create custom "customer" role with appropriate permissions
  • In each project create customer accounts with customer role
At this point the customer could log into Redmine and do things like:
  • view/open/watch/edit/close their issues
  • see time spent

Is there a better system?
It almost feels like I would need to have 2 Redmine instances - one for all customers with all private projects, and another one for all internal projects. I'd like to avoid that and so I'm wondering if there is a better way to use Redmine for Customer Service.

Thanks,
Otis

Replies (4)

RE: Redmine for Customer Service Support - Added by Adam DeJardine over 3 years ago

You could create a group of the people that should have access to all projects and give that group "reporter" permissions on all projects. Then whenever you add or remove someone from that group it will add or remove them from all the projects as well.

RE: Redmine for Customer Service Support - Added by Kirill Bezrukov almost 3 years ago

I have just released new commercial plugin with helpdesk functionality:

• Receive mail from customers
  • Auto creating contacts from email senders
  • Attach issues to created contacts from mail
  • Send notification to contact that his issue received and processing
  • Find existing contacts by mail and attach messages to
  • Send answer from redmine to contact email

http://redminecrm.com/projects/helpdesk

Redmine CRM pro plugin should be installed http://redminecrm.com/contacts

RE: Redmine for Customer Service Support - Added by Zoltan Beck about 2 years ago

Adam DeJardine wrote:

You could create a group of the people that should have access to all projects and give that group "reporter" permissions on all projects. Then whenever you add or remove someone from that group it will add or remove them from all the projects as well.

Is there an available helpdesk version for redmine 2.x? Or will be released in the near future?

RE: Redmine for Customer Service Support - Added by Kirill Bezrukov about 2 years ago

Yes, it will be released in near future. Hope, beta will be available this week

(1-4/4)