Show git branch name in activity

Added by Paul Stevens over 6 years ago

Our team uses the Activity view quite a lot. For git commits, it would be great if it would show which branch this commit was in. Has anybody done a patch for this yet? I've been looking at the code but did not quite understand what could be done :-(

Replies (5)

RE: Show git branch name in activity - Added by Paul Stevens about 6 years ago

I wonder whether with Redmine 1.3.0 a feature like this would be possible? With the new branch/merge drawings in the repositories there seems to be information to which branch a commit belongs - maybe this can be shown in the activity view as well?

RE: Show git branch name in activity - Added by Jan Ivar Beddari almost 6 years ago

I'm not sure but it seems like it should be possible. We can't really use the Activity view as it is now, our workflow is very git branch-centric.

Hopefully I'll have some time to look at the code soon.

RE: Show git branch name in activity - Added by Jan Ivar Beddari almost 6 years ago

#5386 contains a patch that covers half of what I need. You might just want to chime in there to say you'd like this merged, too.

Be aware that this is just a list of what branches contains that exact commit. No other context info (like order) is given. So you might not be able to determine if a commit was made first on master, then merged to a feature branch, or the other way around.

RE: Show git branch name in activity - Added by Colin Mollenhour almost 6 years ago

You just gave me an idea. I think I'll modify the patch to record the first branch where the commit appeared and then use that to filter out extraneous branches.

RE: Show git branch name in activity - Added by Joel SCHAAL over 4 years ago

What is the status of this ?

I would really like to see that integrated as a feature in a future release of Redmine...

(1-5/5)