Migration from old version to 1.2.1 - error : can't convert Fixnum into String

Added by sphax sphax about 6 years ago

Hi,

I am migrating a very old version of Redmine to 1.2.1 0.6. to 1.2.1). Evrything was good and the migrate DB generated no error or warming.

The login page appear and I can login, but the next page got a 500.html error with the folling log.

Somebody can help me.

thanks ;-)

ERROR LOG:

Processing WelcomeController#index (for 172.19.59.227 at 2011-08-10 13:54:25) [GET]
Parameters: {"action"=>"index", "controller"=>"welcome"}
Rendering template within layouts/base
Rendering welcome/index

ActionView::TemplateError (can't convert Fixnum into String) on line #1 of app/views/news/_news.rhtml:
1: <p><%= link_to_project(news.project) + ': ' unless @project >
2: <
= link_to h(news.title), news_path(news) >
3: <
= "(#{l(:label_x_comments, :count => news.comments_count)})" if news.comments_count > 0 %>
4: <br />

app/helpers/application_helper.rb:138:in `link_to_project'
app/views/news/_news.rhtml:1:in `_run_rhtml_app47views47news47_news46rhtml_locals_news_news_counter_object'
app/views/welcome/index.rhtml:8:in `_run_rhtml_app47views47welcome47index46rhtml'
C:/Program Files/Ruby187/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:104:in `service'
C:/Program Files/Ruby187/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:65:in `run'
C:/Program Files/Ruby187/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:173:in `start_thread'
C:/Program Files/Ruby187/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in `start'
C:/Program Files/Ruby187/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in `start_thread'
C:/Program Files/Ruby187/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:95:in `start'
C:/Program Files/Ruby187/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in `each'
C:/Program Files/Ruby187/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in `start'
C:/Program Files/Ruby187/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:23:in `start'
C:/Program Files/Ruby187/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:82:in `start'

Rendering C:/ruby/ISRM/redmine-1.2.1/public/500.html (500 Internal Server Error)

Replies (3)

RE: Migration from old version to 1.2.1 - error : can't convert Fixnum into String - Added by Mark Anderson about 6 years ago

I am also having an issue with this.

converting from 0.9.4 to 1.2.1 and I get the fixnum error when I try to look at the list of projects: https://mywebsite.com/projects
gives the same fixnum error:

ActionView::TemplateError (can't convert Fixnum into String) on line #14 of app/views/projects/index.rhtml:

I have not found anything else broken.

thoughts?

thanks everyone,
Mark

RE: Migration from old version to 1.2.1 - error : can't convert Fixnum into String - Added by sphax sphax about 6 years ago

Hi Mark,

Did you find any fix for this issue or workaround? From my side, I tryed to migrate version to version from the 0.6 to 0.7 to 0.8 etc,... but i got a lot of errors.

then I quite stop in my upgrade :-(

thanks everone for ideas or comments

RE: Migration from old version to 1.2.1 - error : can't convert Fixnum into String - Added by Mark Anderson about 6 years ago

@Sphax sphax

I did not "find" the problem but on attempting it again I did not have the error and am now successfully running the migrated/upgraded system.

My most likely guess is that when doing the migrations that I forgot to include "production" and accidentally attempted to migrate my test (empty) database, causing a later step to fail. I have kept my own notes on migrations and I jump back and forth between the published ones and my own notes - and I think I copied/pasted the wrong or incomplete block of code.

My colleague had already done the migration in a virtual machine with a copy of our production site and it worked for him. My first attempt failed but my second passed and my production system correctly migrated. So I believe the error to have been mine.

Thanks for reminding me to post that I had gotten past this!

Mark

(1-3/3)