Can't login on apache + 3.0.11 passenger (Internal 500 Error on every POST), GET seems to work
very weird issue.
I have setup redmine via passenger on apache with a very simple config:
/srv/www/htdocs/redmine is a symlink to /srv/www/htdocs/redmine_src/public and the symlink is owned by wwwrun:www (same as everything else for apache)
<Directory /srv/www/htdocs/redmine_src/public > Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride All Order deny,allow Allow from all </Directory> RailsBaseURI /redmine <Directory /srv/www/htdocs/redmine> Options -MultiViews Allow from all </Directory>
When I visit server/redmine I see the login screen. Everything is fine.
When I try to log in. I get an Apache Server error 500 (not the redmine 500.html) which says that either server is overloaded or there is an error in a cgi script.
The apache access log looks like that:
xxx.xxx.184.187 - - [07/Mar/2012:14:23:46 +0100] "GET /redmine/login HTTP/1.1" 304 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2" xxx.xxx.184.187 - - [07/Mar/2012:14:25:06 +0100] "POST /redmine/login HTTP/1.1" 500 1122 "http://server/redmine/login" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2"
The GET of the page worked fine but then when I try to login I get a 500. I don't know why POST fails.
The stupid part: There is nothing in the error_log about it. I have added LogLevel debug and restarted apache multiple times. Nothing changed.
Testwise I have set the entire directory /srv/www/htdocs/redmine_src/ to chmod 755, nothing happens.
The production.log says nothing about it. Looks like it doesn't get to redmine but apache does not indicate the slightest hint about what went wrong.
P.S: Before I logged out I could browse redmine as long as it was GET, every POST like saving settings resulted in the same error 500
RE: Can't login on apache + 3.0.11 passenger (Internal 500 Error on every POST), GET seems to work - Added by Sam Warns about 6 years ago
After searching even more about this issue I finally located the issue:
Subversion bindings 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 are buggy and cause an 500 in redmine.
Updating subversion or trying passenger to run as standalone basically solves these problems