Is there a way to configure the issue fields become visible based on other filed value

Added by Jagan Goru almost 5 years ago

We are in the process of migrating from bugzilla to Redmine for issue/bug tracking. One of the features in bugzilla is we can set a field visible based on other field value

Example: Status and Resolution fields

If the Status field is set to "Resovled" then Resolution field will appear/become visible. One can set some value to this field. Resolution is not relevant if status is new/in progress etc

Any help in this greatly appreciated

Replies (6)

RE: Is there a way to configure the issue fields become visible based on other filed value - Added by Ivan Cenov almost 5 years ago

AFAIK, this functionality is not implemented in Redmine. I didn't see way to set such dependency.

RE: Is there a way to configure the issue fields become visible based on other filed value - Added by Etienne Massip almost 5 years ago

You can define which fiekds are mandatory or read-only based on status.

RE: Is there a way to configure the issue fields become visible based on other filed value - Added by Mischa The Evil almost 5 years ago

Ivan Cenov wrote:

AFAIK, this functionality is not implemented in Redmine. [...]

Ivan is right. The functionality of this use-case seems to be what is proposed in #5686.

Etienne Massip wrote:

You can define which fiekds are mandatory or read-only based on status.

Yes indeed (via #703 and #3521 in 2.1.0 [Redmine 2.1.0 and 2.0.4 released]). With current implementation we're able to enforce a value for a standard-/custom field (Required) and prevent changes of the value for a standard-/custom field (Read-only), but I think that what Jagan is requesting for can't be accomplished with that alone.

First thing is that we can't hide fields yet (#12005), second is that the requested validation whether or not the field should appear based on the value of a (standard) issue field (status in this case) is not implemented in any way IIRC; it seems to be requested specifically in #5686).

Please correct me if I am wrong here.. ;)

RE: Is there a way to configure the issue fields become visible based on other filed value - Added by Jagan Goru almost 5 years ago

Thanks for responses

Etienne Massip wrote:

You can define which fields are mandatory or read-only based on status.

I think this is a decent workaround may not be a complete solution. Let me try this

RE: Is there a way to configure the issue fields become visible based on other filed value - Added by Sonia Zh about 1 year ago

Hi,

I am also looking for something similar... Here is an alternative solution:

(1-6/6)