Having an issue getting the assignee field to be required when creating a new issue

Added by John Quinby 12 days ago

Hello,

We currently use Redmine for a helpdesk/ticketing system and we are trying to make it so our techs are required to have any new or existing issues assigned to a person/group. I have been reading #703 which states this exact option was enabled in version 2.1.0 by setting the "Field Permissions" to be required per role for each tracker type. I have configured all trackers to have assignee has a mandatory field for our NOC Technician role as shown in the picture below:

The assignee field is still not being required when creating a new issue. I have tested this on a few of our projects as well as with multiple users assigned to our NOC Technician role, and issues are still able to be created without setting an assignee to either a user or group.

Can anyone please advise what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Replies (1)

RE: Having an issue getting the assignee field to be required when creating a new issue - Added by John Quinby 12 days ago

Also, the assignee field is not being required when changing the status from "new", to "in progress", or any of the other options.

(1-1/1)