Workflow transition dependency between different trackers

Added by Mathias Buder about 1 year ago

Hi,

in our redmine we've three different trackers setup. I've also setup states and a workflow for each individual tracker. The ticket relation tree is like the following:

Now I would like to set up that the state transition of a item depents on the current state of its parent item.

Any help is appreciated.

Greetings,
Mathias

Replies (2)

RE: Workflow transition dependency between different trackers - Added by Bernhard Rohloff about 1 year ago

You could take advantage of the REST API and write a small program to achieve this.
There is a nice Python library at https://python-redmine.com/ which would be my weapon of choice.
As far as I know, there is no plugin which provides this kind of combined workflows.

Greetings Bernhard

PS: I'm just curious... Why did you choose to make the "Review" process an extra tracker? Isn't a review something that has to be done in the usual "Task" workflow and should therefore be a status of the "Task" tracker?

RE: Workflow transition dependency between different trackers - Added by Mathias Buder 12 months ago

Hi Bernhard,

good point.

I've tested having the Review as separat workflow step. It just works fine. On to of that it was easy to create a custom quary to see tasks that are in state "Review" and the reviewer is assingesd to <<me>>.

Great and simple idea.

Many thanks.

Mathias

(1-2/2)