NoMethodError undefined method set_inheritance_column for TracMigrate

Added by Sergey Doroshenkov 10 days ago

Hello.

I try to migrate the old redmine database (v. 2.2) to the new windows server and also to upgrade Redmine to the latest version (v. 4.0.1).

I did the following steps:

1. Istalled Bitnami Redmine Stack on new windows server
  2. Restored the backup of old redmine database to the new MySQL database
  3. And then I try to to execute command "bundle exec rake redmine:migrate_from_trac RAILS_ENV="production"" I get the following error:
C:\Bitnami\redmine-4.0.1-1\apps\redmine\htdocs>bundle exec rake redmine:migrate_from_trac RAILS_ENV="production" 
rake aborted!

NoMethodError: undefined method `set_inheritance_column' for TracMigrate::TracAttachment(Table doesn't exist):Class

C:/Bitnami/redmine-4.0.1-1/apps/redmine/htdocs/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activerecord-5.2.2/lib/active_record/dynamic_matchers.rb:22:in `method_missing'

C:/Bitnami/redmine-4.0.1-1/apps/redmine/htdocs/lib/tasks/migrate_from_trac.rake:121:in `<class:TracAttachment>'

C:/Bitnami/redmine-4.0.1-1/apps/redmine/htdocs/lib/tasks/migrate_from_trac.rake:119:in `<module:TracMigrate>'

C:/Bitnami/redmine-4.0.1-1/apps/redmine/htdocs/lib/tasks/migrate_from_trac.rake:25:in `block (2 levels) in <top (required)>'

C:/Bitnami/redmine-4.0.1-1/apps/redmine/htdocs/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rake-12.3.2/exe/rake:27:in `<top (required)>'
Tasks: TOP => redmine:migrate_from_trac

How can I solve this problem?

Replies (1)

RE: NoMethodError undefined method set_inheritance_column for TracMigrate - Added by Guillermo ML 10 days ago

That command is used to migrate from Trac to Redmine.
If you are trying to migrate from one version of Redmine to another one you'll have to execute:

bundle exec rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=production

as in HowTo Migrate Redmine to a new server to a new Redmine version

(1-1/1)