Sorting issues does not work anymore

Added by Pablo Yanez Trujillo 3 months ago

I recently made an update of my redmine installation from 3.3.7 to 3.4.10. Everything went OK, but I noticed that sorting the issues list on any project does not work.

If I got to any project and the click on the Issues tab and then click on any column (like Status for example), then URL changes to https://<my-company-domain>/projects/test-project/issues?sort=status%2Cid%3Adesc but the result is not sorted by the status column. This happens for any column. On the 3.3.7 version this was definitively working.

On the log file I don't see any error.

Started GET "/projects/test-project/issues?sort=status%3Adesc%2Cid%3Adesc" for xxxxxxxx at 2019-05-29 00:08:58 +0200
Processing by IssuesController#index as HTML
  Parameters: {"sort"=>"status:desc,id:desc", "project_id"=>"mondas-development"}
  Current user: xxxxxx (id=55)
  Rendered queries/_filters.html.erb (8.5ms)
  Rendered queries/_columns.html.erb (0.9ms)
  Rendered queries/_query_form.html.erb (10.9ms)
  Rendered issues/_list.html.erb (163.2ms)
  Rendered plugins/redmineup_tags/app/views/issues/_tags_sidebar.html.erb (0.3ms)
  Rendered plugins/additionals/app/views/additionals/_global_sidebar.html.slim (0.2ms)
  Rendered issues/_sidebar.html.erb (5.1ms)
  Rendered issues/index.html.erb within layouts/base (184.9ms)
  Rendered plugins/a_common_libs/app/views/hooks/a_common_libs/_html_head.html.erb (1.0ms)
  Rendered inline template (0.4ms)
  Rendered plugins/redmineup_tags/app/views/tags/_additional_assets.html.erb (0.5ms)
  Rendered plugins/rm_user_mentions/app/views/hooks/rum/_head.html.erb (0.4ms)
  Rendered plugins/additionals/app/views/additionals/_html_head.html.slim (13.7ms)
  Rendered plugins/additionals/app/views/additionals/_content.html.slim (0.3ms)
  Rendered plugins/redmineup_tags/app/views/tags/_select2_transformation_rules.html.erb (0.4ms)
  Rendered plugins/additionals/app/views/additionals/_body_bottom.html.slim (0.2ms)
Completed 200 OK in 261ms (Views: 215.3ms | ActiveRecord: 27.0ms)

so no exception is being raised,

My redmine env

Environment:
  Redmine version                3.4.10.stable
  Ruby version                   2.4.6-p354 (2019-04-01) [x86_64-linux]
  Rails version                  4.2.11.1
  Environment                    production
  Database adapter               PostgreSQL
SCM:
  Git                            2.11.0
  Filesystem                     
Redmine plugins:
  a_common_libs                  2.3.5
  additionals                    2.0.7
  easy_gantt                     1.10
  mega_calendar                  1.7.0
  redmine_checklists             3.1.10
  redmine_knowledgebase          3.2.1
  redmine_startpage              0.1.0
  redmine_theme_changer          0.2.0
  redmine_todos                  2.0.5
  redmineup_tags                 2.0.4
  rm_user_mentions               1.0.1
  wiki_issue_fields              0.5.5
/<pre>

I'd appreciate any suggestion, thanks.

Replies (3)

RE: Sorting issues does not work anymore - Added by Ivan Cenov 3 months ago

Maybe some plugin breaks this functionality. Try to exclude the plugins one-by-one...

RE: Sorting issues does not work anymore - Added by Pablo Yanez Trujillo 3 months ago

I'll try it later when nobody else is accessing the redmine installation (otherwise people will complain).

RE: Sorting issues does not work anymore - Added by Pablo Yanez Trujillo 3 months ago

Ivan Cenov wrote:

Maybe some plugin breaks this functionality. Try to exclude the plugins one-by-one...

thanks for the suggestion. The culprit was indeed a plugin: https://www.redmine.org/plugins/a_common_libs which is a requirement for the https://www.redmine.org/plugins/rm_user_mentions plugin. The old version worked only for redmine-3.0-3.3 and I needed to use a different version for redmine-3.4.x.

After the update, the sorting is working again.

(1-3/3)