diff.rhtml and franch laguage

Added by Alexandre N over 9 years ago

Hello,

When I'm browsing single difference in repository, special characters like é isn't show correctly instead I see

Révision 1233 Character.cs

View differences
Character.cs (r�vision 1233)

Instead of

Révision 1233 Character.cs

View differences
Character.cs (révision 1233)

This also happens with english language, only the line

Character.cs (r�vision 1233)

is affected.

So I go through app / views / repositories / diff.rhtml

and saw

          <th colspan="4" class="filename">
            <%= table_file.file_name %>
          </th>

and I suspected that the to_utf8 was missing and I added it in both (inline and side by side view) like this
<%=to_utf8 table_file.file_name %>

But this doesn't do anythings. I still have strange characters.

Note : I ran rake tmp:cache:clear after each test.

Does anyone know how I can solve the problem ? It seems the problem isn't present on the redmine website.

Thanks.

Replies (7)

RE: diff.rhtml and franch laguage - Added by Thomas Lecavelier over 9 years ago

Could you precise the version you're using and the precise screen where it appear: I'm working with the french locale, but "Révision" don't appear at all in french when making a diff on my instance.

RE: diff.rhtml and french language - Added by Alexandre N over 9 years ago

Have a look at http://www.dawnoflight.org/repositories/diff/dolserver/DOLSharp/trunk/DOLDatabase/DOLTables/Character.cs?rev=1233
I'm using 0.7.1.

I apologize, I made a misstake in the topic's title, should read "french language".

RE: RE: diff.rhtml and french language - Added by Sergej Jegorov over 9 years ago

Try go to "Administration" -> "Settings" -> "Repositories" and play with "Repositories encodings" parameters.

More info: http://www.redmine.org/wiki/redmine/RedmineSettings#31

RE: diff.rhtml and franch laguage - Added by Thomas Lecavelier over 9 years ago

Ok, I +1 Sergej answer. This very accent is encoded twice.

RE: diff.rhtml and franch laguage - Added by Alexandre N over 9 years ago

Ok thanks, I didn't saw that. But I still have a problem when I use an English based account it still show révision (with the 'é').
I know the cache isn't language's based so I cleared the cache and do the same things again and it still show me the 'révision'.

RE: RE: diff.rhtml and franch laguage - Added by Sergej Jegorov over 9 years ago

I think that you use french locale in subversion server (or french version of subversion). This word generate subversion command svn log --xml

RE: diff.rhtml and franch laguage - Added by Thomas Lecavelier over 9 years ago

Maybe redmine should prefix SCM command by LANG=C to force english output...

(1-7/7)