Master Slave Project Syncup
Looking to create a master slave Project Plugin for release R2.1 to coordinate activities with multiple instances of Redmine.
In Slave Redmine:¶
- Create the Master Project as Main Project
- Create the Slave Project as Sub project
- No data from the Master is copied in slave instance
- Fetch from master through Rest and display the data.
- For each modified item of the master, create a sub project/item and update the parent and store it in the slave instance.
- If master item is missing/not visible, show Red in the parent of that item.
- Use different color for slave item.
On Master Redmine:¶
- Creat a Sub Project under Main Project for each Slave.
- No Slave data is stored in the Master [A shadow could be added later to improve performance]
- As the user progress through any item of the master, fetch all related Slave item from remote through REST and display as Sub project/sub item
- Use different color for each slave item
Thanks to comment and add any issues incl. re: security. Volunteers pl.
RE: Master Slave Project Syncup - Added by Daniel Felix over 5 years ago
Is there already a repository where we could get the code or commit patches?
I'm interested in this aswell.
@BL MA: Can you share your plugin? I'm very interested...
RE: Master Slave Project Syncup - Added by Joshua DeClercq over 5 years ago
Your behavior description is a little hard for me to follow... You have master and slave copies on both Redmine servers? I feel like this needs a diagram!
But for some reason you got me wondering if basic duplication of activity across multiple instances could be done through, well, email notifications. Like, server A and server B have their respective email addresses, and are members of each other's projects. A change on server A sends an alert to server B, which parses it using Redmine's native receive-email feature, and it goes to whatever project has the same identifier.
...now I want to try that and see what happens.