New datatypes for custom fields
Hi everybody, for a long time we need to develop some new datatypes for custom fields.
We're also developers, but nobody of us can write in Ruby, so I'm looking for someone skilled.
- I would like to supply most extensive description as possible - I'm using Redmine almost from beggining and I'm also project manager, so I'm able to prepare very teailed documentation how it should work.
- I would like to give everything back to the community, maybe first as a plugin, but later if it can be merged into Redmine core it will be abose and win-win for everybody. So we will NOT sell thiss stuff - it's for ALL of us.
- Which datatypes I need?
- Time and Datetime - now we can work only with date
- Autoincrement field - basically Integer with autoincrement, possibly some pre-fix and post-fix. Veru usefull, coz we're using Redmine projects for inventory management, jobnr tracking, etc. Of course, I'll write detailed documentation.
- Reference to another tickets. We need to be bale to link tickets in other way, than Related/Subtickets way. Generally - for example - I would like to have one project (tracker) with customers and another one with jobs. I would like to have select box in jobs where I can pick the customer name - link to another project/tracker. List of tickets shoudl be passed as saved Issue filter = this way it's most robust and flexible way, imho.
And yes, lot of other small improvements, but those are most important.
Any offers? Anyone interested? Should I prepare detailed documentation?