Email notification processing is slow - Redmine 1.2.2
1. I have try to update a issue that have 200 members
2. All members have setup the Email notifications to "For any event on my projects"
3. When I updated the issue, it need a lot of time to view.
4. When I use the "Private" button on "New issue", and choose 5 watcher only, it still slow.
5. I have try to config "Asynchronous Email Delivery", but the problem still exit.
6. See the attachment, for cost time record.
Please help me the problem, Thanks.
#7 Updated by Ben Lei over 6 years ago
I also try to use gmail, but the cost time was 29XXXms, still have long time.
production: email_delivery: delivery_method: :async_smtp smtp_settings: tls: true enable_starttls_auto: true address: "smtp.gmail.com" port: '587' domain: "smtp.gmail.com" authentication: :plain user_name: "email@example.com" password: "xxx"
#9 Updated by Adam Bellaire over 6 years ago
I'd just like to add that I was having a similar problem with async_smtp, causing 500 internal server error and consuming 100% cpu for around 30 seconds. I was using async_smtp against our local SMTP server, both with and without TLS. I was not able to resolve the issue, and had to switch to using async_sendmail (which fortunately was a valid option for me), and everything is fine.
This really seems like an implementation problem with async_smtp.
#10 Updated by She Bytes over 1 year ago
Ben Lei wrote:
This is my configuration on /usr/redmine-1.2.2/config/configuration.yml
Switching from delivery_method "smtp" to "async_smtp" solved my problem. Thanks!