"Parent task is invalid" while editing child issues by Role with restricted Issues Visibility
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
What steps will reproduce the problem?¶
- create Role with Issues Visibility = "Issues created by or assigned to the user" and "Manage subtasks" permission
- create some User account with that Role for a project
- create parent issue, not created or assigned to that User (so User will not be able to access it)
- create child issue, assigned to that User (so User will be able to access it)
- log in to the User account
- try to edit the child issue (i.e. simply changing its Status)
What is the expected output?¶
User should be able to edit the issue, as long as its parent task id is not modified.
What do you see instead?¶
"Parent task is invalid" error message.
Remove "Manage subtasks" permission.
Unfortunately, this will also prevent User from creating child issues to his own parent issues.
But "Related issues" is not affected by this bug, so it can be used instead of child issues.
Redmine version 2.2.1.stable
Ruby version 1.9.3 (i686-linux)
Rails version 3.2.11
Database adapter Mysql2
Redmine plugins: no plugin installed
"Parent task is invalid" while editing child issues with restricted Issues Visibility (#12851).