Filter "Assignee's group" doesn't work with group assignments
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
- Configure group assignments
- Assign issue to a group XYZ
- List issues, set filter "Assignee's group" is "XYZ"
Output: No data to display
Expected output: Issues assigned to users belonging to group "XYZ" as well as issues assigned to group XYZ itself
#7 Updated by Jan Niggemann (redmine.org team member) about 5 years ago
- Hardware (Printers, PCs, Laptops)
- Callcenter agent assigns issue to one of the groups
- Group supervisor assigns issue to supporter (or a supporter assigns issue to himself)
- supporter resolves issue
It truly is arguable if 2.2.2 already exposed the desired behavior before, or only after r11285...
In the broader picture, I'm afraid that we might scare off people with too many options, filters and such. While perfect for redmine-experts, new users can get confused with too many options and turn away.
Perhaps it'd be better the functionality stayed like before r11285 and for my idea of issue queues, we recommend people create a custom field for the group assignment? After all, if a group and no particular user is assigned, there's no assignee. A supervisor would then be able to filter "assignee = none" AND "custom_group=Hardware"...