Project level watchers and notifications
Current Redmine is great in terms of defining and filtering what I want to watch and not-watch. This works great for me as a developer to keep a good focus on things I am involved in.
However, when a project manager wants to keep appraise to events towards other people the workflow is not that much automatic.
Here are few challenges:¶
- Every time an issue is registered - watchers needs to be added for the same.
- There is no watch events when Attributes of project changes
- New members added/removed, attributes of project's change, etc.
- New document etc.
- Entire group cann't be a watcher (as of now) to add all these passive users as watchers in on-click.
- Changes in the roadmap which involves comprehensive change rather than per issue updates.
Typically, this results in ambiguity as to why did I got this message but didn't got the other one? (specially from customer or external team point of view)
It would be best that project manager can define 'project level watchers' - which added once, all new activities around the project (new issues, Roadmap changes, project attribute changes etc.) should keep coming uniformly.
I think this would be certainly useful when there are large number of teams in different projects and many project's in the organization.