Task properties are reverted when doing a task update from firefox.
|Resolution:||Wont fix||Affected version:||2.3.1|
We many unintended task property changes (the changes of one user is unintendedly reverted by another user).To reproduce:
- Open an issue from firefox.
- Open the same issue in another tab / browser / computer.
- From the second tab, update task properties that are selected from dropdown lists, such as "Status", "Priority", "Assignee" or "% Done".
- Hit F5 from the first tab. You will see that the task properties were updated successfully.
- Then, still in the second tab, click the "Update" link. You will see that still the old values are selected. Add some message and send the form, and the properties are now reverted.
It seems that Firefox, even after a page refresh, tries to remember the options selected by the user. To avoid this, a ctrl-F5 is needed. See also http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1479233/why-doesnt-firefox-show-the-correct-default-select-option
#6 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Resolution set to Wont fix
Firefox preserves the selected form elements when hitting F5 by design. So when you hit F5 from the first tab, the old values that were present on the issue form are preserved. Use Ctrl+F5 instead to reload the form without preserving selected values.