If two different attachments have the same size and checksum, it would be good to store only one instance of the file in attachment storage path.
- Subject changed from Storing one file for equal attachments to Attachment deduplication
This would help significantly with #19289.
- Related to Feature #19289: Exclude attachments from incoming emails based on file content or file hash added
- Duplicates Patch #25215: Re-use existing identical disk files for new attachments added
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Resolution set to Duplicate
A patch to implement this feature has been submitted as #25215.
- Related to deleted (Feature #19289: Exclude attachments from incoming emails based on file content or file hash)
Also available in: Atom