Update time zones for Russia once again
Starting October 26, 2014 Russia is changing its time zones again. All of Russia will move back one hour, except:
- Udmurtia and Samara Oblast will remain on UTC+04:00 (thus reinstating Samara Time)
- Kemerovo Oblast will remain on UTC+07:00
- Zabaykalsky Krai will move back two hours to UTC+08:00
- Magadan Oblast will move back two hours to UTC+10:00
- Chukotka Autonomous Okrug and Kamchatka Krai will remain on UTC+12:00 (thus reinstating Kamchatka Time)
For example, Moscow will move from UTC+4 back to UTC+3 it used before 2011.
Annual DST changes will not be observed. Further information availble at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Russia
Please release a patch to update time zones and please include it to the next version.
#2 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 3 years ago
- Category set to Gems support
- Status changed from New to Closed
Time zones are handled by the tzinfo and tzinfo-data gems:
You should either install or update the tzinfo-data gem to get the latest updates.