Grouping of Boolean field in Query: group not displayed for "No" value if the group is in first position
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
- Tickets are distinguished into 2 groups, one for "No" and the other for "Yes". OK.
- But collapse/expand indicator line for "No" is not displayed. It should be displayed, I think.
- On the other hand, collapse/expand indicator line for "Yes" is displayed. OK.
I'd appreciate if this issue is picked up and will be examined/fixed.
- Reported version
Details are as follows.
- Test redmine (Windows7)
Environment: Redmine version 2.5.0.stable Ruby version 1.9.3-p231 (2012-05-25) [i386-mingw32] Rails version 3.2.17 Environment production Database adapter Mysql2
- Production redmine (Linux)
Environment: Redmine version 2.5.0.stable Ruby version 1.9.3-p484 (2013-11-22) [x86_64-linux] Rails version 3.2.17 Environment production Database adapter PostgreSQL
Note: This phenomena does not happen with a boolean field which is not defined as "required". In this case, 3 collapse/expand indicator lines are displayed (with misleading labels ( see #18894 ) when this ticket is created).
Fixed that group is not displayed when the first group is a boolean custom field group with "No" value (#18896).
#1 Updated by kaz k about 3 years ago
- File 03_English_QueryResult_GroupedByBoolean(required)_NoIsGroupedWithoutCollapse-Expand-Indicatorline.jpg added
Here is a screen capture of query-result grouped by boolean field.
In the picture, Boolean2required is a boolean filed with "required" specification.
You could see 2 groups of tickets, one for "No" and the other is "Yes".
But "No" tickets do not have collapse/expand indicator line of "No" at the top of the tickets. "Yes" tickets have one for "Yes".
#3 Updated by kaz k about 3 years ago
Toshi MARUYAMA wrote:
I cannot reproduce on 2.6.1.
Thank you for your quick reply.
According to the picture attached, it seems the boolean field has an attribute of "Not REQUIRED" because the list is grouped in 3 groups, 2 of "none" and 1 of "Yes".
As I write in the description, the phenomena happens if the boolean fields is defined as "Required", ie. Values are only 2 variations of "Yes" and "No".
#6 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang about 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Grouping of Boolean field in Query: collapse/expand indicator line is not displayed for "No" value. to Grouping of Boolean field in Query: group not displayed for "No" value if the group is in first position
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Resolution set to Fixed
Fixed in r13922, thanks for pointing this out.