User without role in project is not shown as a selection option in Author filter (Issues tab)
- User submits an issue
- Issue is moved from an area where they do have access to one where they do not
- Dev goes to search for all tickets authored by the user in a project where the author does not have permission (or even at the global level)
- User is not in the list of Authors that can be applied via a filter
- Add user to project as reporter
- User is now selectable in the Authors filter
All of our installations are at version 3.1.1, so I'm unsure when this first occurred.
#1 Updated by Christian Buczek about 2 years ago
Another Scenario goes in the same direction:
- user A creates a issue
- issue were assigned to user B
- admin deactivate user A
- other scenario: admin only removes A from project
- user B is available to assigne issue to A
There are two point for discussion:
- is it ok, that an issue is still longer assigned to an user who were removed?
- maybe: yes...
- is it ok, that an issue can be assigned to a user who is still removed from the project or still deactivated?
- in my opinion: nope.
(seen this fail in version 3.1.2 and 3.2.0)