Patch #234

Git support patch

Added by Patrick Aljord almost 10 years ago. Updated over 9 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:-
Target version:-

Description

this works with latest trunk from 5th of november, please help testing if you're a git user.

git_edge_latest_patch.diff Magnifier (18.3 KB) Patrick Aljord, 2008-02-03 11:01

git_edge_latest_patch.diff Magnifier (17.2 KB) Patrick Aljord, 2008-02-03 11:01

git_edge_latest_patch.diff Magnifier (15.8 KB) Patrick Aljord, 2008-02-03 11:01

git_edge_latest_patch.diff Magnifier (15.9 KB) Patrick Aljord, 2008-02-03 11:01


Related issues

Related to Redmine - Patch #259: Git support for r1104 Closed

History

#1 Updated by Rick Bradley almost 10 years ago

For what it's worth, I'm using a minorly updated version of this
patch (see https://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&group_i
d=1850&aid=17147&atid=7162) and it mostly works well.
It doesn't appear to allow for inspecting files or doing file-related
diff/changeset views. It can see the summary information about
files and their changes, and I can view entire changesets, but
I can't download or view files, and I can't see diffs on a per-file
basis.

It would be nice to be able to mainline the patch into redmine,
as I think that would result in more git users using redmine
and more eyeballs on the git functionality in redmine.

Best,
Rick

#2 Updated by Matt McMahand almost 10 years ago

I'm not a Git user, but I did apply the patch and noticed the
following problem with my subversion repository.

Before Patch


>> c = Changeset.find_by_revision_and_repository_id(320,
13)
  SQL (0.000111)   SET SQL_AUTO_IS_NULL=0
  Changeset Columns (0.000801)   SHOW FIELDS FROM changesets
  Changeset Load (0.000155)   SELECT * FROM changesets WHERE
(changesets.`revision` = 320 AND changesets.`repository_id` =
13) LIMIT 1
=> #<Changeset:0xb70a8ce8
@attributes={"commit_date"=>"2008-01-10",
"comments"=>"Adding custom actions for filtering
out playlist information",
"committed_on"=>"2008-01-10 13:21:16",
"revision"=>"320",
"id"=>"5948", "scmid"=>nil,
"repository_id"=>"13",
"committer"=>"mmcmahand"}>
>> c.previous
  Changeset Load (0.000082)   SELECT * FROM changesets WHERE
(revision < 320 AND repository_id = 13) ORDER BY revision
DESC LIMIT 1
=> #<Changeset:0xb70a488c
@attributes={"commit_date"=>"2008-01-10",
"comments"=>"adding affiliate_id for initialization
request", "committed_on"=>"2008-01-10
11:50:57", "revision"=>"319",
"id"=>"5947", "scmid"=>nil,
"repository_id"=>"13",
"committer"=>"mmcmahand"}>
>> c.previous.revision
=> 319

After patch


>> c = Changeset.find_by_revision_and_repository_id(320,
13)
  SQL (0.000111)   SET SQL_AUTO_IS_NULL=0
  Changeset Columns (0.000801)   SHOW FIELDS FROM changesets
  Changeset Load (0.000155)   SELECT * FROM changesets WHERE
(changesets.`revision` = '320' AND changesets.`repository_id`
= 13) LIMIT 1
=> #<Changeset:0xb70a8ce8
@attributes={"commit_date"=>"2008-01-10",
"comments"=>"Adding custom actions for filtering
out playlist information",
"committed_on"=>"2008-01-10 13:21:16",
"revision"=>"320",
"id"=>"5948", "scmid"=>nil,
"repository_id"=>"13",
"committer"=>"mmcmahand"}>
>> c.previous
  Changeset Load (0.000082)   SELECT * FROM changesets WHERE
(revision < '320' AND repository_id = 13) ORDER BY revision
DESC LIMIT 1
=> #<Changeset:0xb70a488c
@attributes={"commit_date"=>"2007-01-12",
"comments"=>"--",
"committed_on"=>"2007-01-12 11:50:57",
"revision"=>"99",
"id"=>"5947", "scmid"=>nil,
"repository_id"=>"13",
"committer"=>"ccollins"}>
>> c.previous.revision
=> 99

As you can see, it looks like the migration has goofed up the
SQL query, thus giving the wrong changeset back.

Hope this is hopeful to you.

#3 Updated by Ho-Sheng Hsiao almost 10 years ago

I have applied Patrick Aljord's patch. I'm using Redmine with
git right now for my company's main project tracker. I have not
had any glitches.

Patrick and I sent a few tweaks back and forth relating to truncating
the SHA1 hashes in the repository listing. I don't think the
latest version that adds a title= attribute to the links (so
you can see the whole SHA1 hash on the truncated version) has
been uploaded here yet.

For other git users, if you are interested, we set up a git repository
with an import of the Redmine-svn along with the git-scm patch
here: http://repo.or.cz/w/gitredmine.git
(git://repo.or.cz/gitredmine.git)

Ho-Sheng Hsiao
Isshen, LLC

#4 Updated by Patrick Aljord almost 10 years ago

oops seems like the patch was not uploaded the first time

#5 Updated by Thomas Lecavelier over 9 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved

This issue should be closed, as #259 propose a more up to date patch.

#6 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

See #259.

Also available in: Atom PDF