Defect #26156

Spent time not working correctly with user's zone different from system's time zone

Added by Martin Jungowski 4 months ago. Updated 4 months ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:Time tracking
Target version:-
Resolution:Duplicate Affected version:3.3.3

Description

I've found a weird bug after updating from Redmine 3.1.1 to 3.3.3: time tracking is broken and somehow dependent on individual time zone and language preference.

Our Redmine server is located in central Europe (CEST, or GMT+1), I am located in Texas (CT, or GMT-6). When I set my personal timezone accordingly in "My account", time entries under "spent time" are not showing up properly anymore. Instead, to see today's time entries I have to select "yesterday" from the dropdown menu, and to see this week's time entries I have to select "last week". And to make matters worse it somehow also depends on my personal language preference configured under "My account" as well:

  1. time zone GMT+1, language German
    • all good; see attached screenshots 1_de_cest_today & 2_de_cest_thisweek. This is what I expect to see regardless of time zone and language.
  2. time zone GMT-6, language German
    • today = yesterday; see 3_de_ct_today & 4_de_ct_yesterday,
    • this week = broken, monday is missing and can be found in last week's view; see 5_de_ct_thisweek & 6_de_ct_lastweek
  3. time zone GMT-6, language English
    • today = yesterday, same behavior as in 2
    • this week = working, monday showing up as expected, see 7_en_ct_thisweek & 8_en_ct_lastweek

This has only started after the update from Redmine 3.1.1 to 3.3.3 yesterday, it was all working perfectly fine until just yesterday. I also have to add that this happens independent of time and date. The time and date, when those screenshots were taken:

CEST in Europe: 6/13/2017, 6:00pm
CT in Texas: 6/13/2017, 11:00am

I've tried this yesterday as well when it was around 10pm in Europe and 3pm in Texas, and later also when it was 6pm in Texas but already 1am the next day in Europe. Results were the same.

System info:

sh: 1: svn: not found
sh: 1: darcs: not found
sh: 1: hg: not found
sh: 1: cvs: not found
sh: 1: bzr: not found
Environment:
  Redmine version                3.3.3.stable
  Ruby version                   2.3.1-p112 (2016-04-26) [x86_64-linux-gnu]
  Rails version                  4.2.7.1
  Environment                    production
  Database adapter               Mysql2
SCM:
  Git                            2.7.4
  Filesystem                     
Redmine plugins:
  localizable                    0.4.0
  projects_table                 0.0.4
  redmine_agile                  1.4.3
  redmine_base_deface            0.0.1
  redmine_base_select2           0.0.1
  redmine_contacts               4.0.2
  redmine_contacts_helpdesk      3.0.7
  redmine_multiprojects_issue    3.3.0
  redmine_theme_changer          0.2.0
  sidebar_hide                   0.0.8

I've tested it with all plugins disabled and all themes removed, and it behaved the same. Something seems to be broken somewhere somehow.

1_de_cest_today.png - GMT+1, Language DE, today (392 KB) Martin Jungowski, 2017-06-13 18:05

2_de_cest_thisweek.png - GMT+1, Language DE, this week (399 KB) Martin Jungowski, 2017-06-13 18:05

3_de_ct_today.png - GMT-6, Language DE, today = empty (376 KB) Martin Jungowski, 2017-06-13 18:05

4_de_ct_yesterday.png - GMT-6, Language DE, yesterday = today (404 KB) Martin Jungowski, 2017-06-13 18:05

6_de_ct_lastweek.png - GMT-6, Language DE, last week tuesday through monday (420 KB) Martin Jungowski, 2017-06-13 18:06

5_de_ct_thisweek.png - GMT-6, Language DE, this week monday missing (406 KB) Martin Jungowski, 2017-06-13 18:06

7_en_ct_thisweek.png - GMT-6, Language EN, this week monday & tuesday (368 KB) Martin Jungowski, 2017-06-13 18:06

8_en_ct_lastweek.png - GMT-6, Language EN, last week monday through friday (384 KB) Martin Jungowski, 2017-06-13 18:06


Related issues

Duplicates Redmine - Defect #16482: Wrong search query for timelog, when timezone not UTC New

History

#1 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA 4 months ago

  • Resolution set to Duplicate

Duplicate of #16482.

Martin Jungowski wrote:

This has only started after the update from Redmine 3.1.1 to 3.3.3 yesterday,

#16482#note-7 says there is no behaviour change.

#2 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA 4 months ago

  • Duplicates Defect #16482: Wrong search query for timelog, when timezone not UTC added

#3 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA 4 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF