Defect #5064

Garbled or unsupported characters in PDF output (utf-8)

Added by David Sedlar almost 8 years ago. Updated almost 8 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:2010-03-12
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:-
Target version:-
Resolution:Duplicate Affected version:0.9.3

Description

I am using Redmine 0.9.3 with the Slovenian language template (sl.ylm) and have set the two setting to this:

  general_csv_encoding: UTF-8
  general_pdf_encoding: UTF-8

However I still get garbled characters which should be supported and display correctly in Redmine. Even if I switch to the default English template with the above two settings changed I still get the same result.
I have added two screen shots and an example of my PDF output.

It seems like the PDF is not correctly reading or rendering the utf-8 content.

Capture.PNG - Screenshot 1 (74.6 KB) David Sedlar, 2010-03-12 19:20

Capture1.PNG - Screenshot 2 (21.8 KB) David Sedlar, 2010-03-12 19:20

esubvencije-3.pdf - Examle of PDF output (2.3 KB) David Sedlar, 2010-03-12 19:20


Related issues

Duplicates Redmine - Defect #61: Broken character encoding in pdf export Closed

History

#1 Updated by David Sedlar almost 8 years ago

Forgot to mention, the collation I'm using for MySql database is utf8_slovenian_ci (Slovenian case-insensitive).

#2 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed
  • Resolution set to Duplicate

Already reported multiple times, see #61.

Also available in: Atom PDF