Add Parent Task to 'Group Results By' drop down
I just upgraded to the newest version of Redmine in order to take advantage of the subtask feature. However I can't group tasks for a particular project by Parent Task.
To replicate go to a project and choose "Issues" from the top menu. Choose the "options" section and then open up the drop down menu for "group results by". I have attached a screenshot.
ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i386-linux]
mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.77, for redhat-linux-gnu (i386) using readline 5.1
redmine Revision: 3671
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Resolution set to Duplicate
The patch indicated in #5196 was applied prior to reporting this and did not fix this issue. Can this issue please be reopened and looked at.
If you follow the steps about you'll see that you can not group by parent task.
- Status changed from Closed to Reopened
I'm reopening this since it isn't duplicated by the #5196
Interim workaround less than optimal: Name your subjects in descending alphabetical order. Then the tasks will be indented on the issues display. See attached.
- Related to Feature #10559: Add Parent Task to 'Group Results By' drop down added
- Category set to Issues
- Status changed from Reopened to New
- Resolution deleted (
- Related to Feature #9992: Ability to filter issue subtasks in issue form added
- Related to deleted (Feature #10559: Add Parent Task to 'Group Results By' drop down )
- Subject changed from Grouping Issues by Parent ID to Add Parent Task to 'Group Results By' drop down
- Duplicated by Feature #10559: Add Parent Task to 'Group Results By' drop down added
- Category changed from Issues to Issues filter
- Category changed from Issues filter to Issues list
It's so strange that this is not possible.
- Duplicated by Feature #24942: Additional "Group by results" option for parent task added
The attached patch could be used to add the feature, but it's not tested.
Could somebody with more insight check my changes, please? I am planning to use it in production aswell and was wondering why the parent task is not in the list of groupable columns.
- Duplicated by Feature #29519: Issues Section/Tab -Allow issues to be grouped by Parent added
Any chance this feature 'Group by Parent Task' feature developed and released for use?
- Target version set to Candidate for next major release
+1 It would be very useful if this is implemented.
Also available in: Atom