Custom fields 'required' not taking Tracker into account
Try adding a required custom field only valid for one tracker. Now when updating older issues for this tracker this will trigger an error message that this custom field is required. Fine, but this same error message is presented for all trackers, and as the custom field is invisible there is no way to update the issues.
I am using an old redmine version (pre 0.9, trunk 3171). I could not find a related issue so I do not know if this has been fixed already. Sorry in that case.
#1 Updated by Oskar Nordquist over 8 years ago
At first I could not reproduce this, until I figured out the actual scenario:
- Start with trackers Bug, Feature, Task
- Add an issue custom field for Bug that is not required
- Add an issue to Bug tracker with custom field unset
- Move issue to tracker Task
- Update issue custom field to be required
- Update issue will fail because it was previously on tracker Bug