Meaningless settings for workflow
In workflow settings, it is configurable whether the current status can transit to the same status or not, though it is self-evident that the current status can transit to the same status.
#3 Updated by Yuki Kita over 7 years ago
Thomas Pihl wrote:
It does look nice. But...
Sometimes we only allow users to create new issues, not change any state. Then we would check the new/new checkbox. How would we solve that?
You do not have to check the new/new checkbox to prohibit users from changing state.
Instead of doing it, uncheck all checkbox and set the default value of issue statuses to "new".
I think this solves your concern.
#14 Updated by Marius BALTEANU 24 days ago
Reading the tickets and comments from the related issue (#16364) where some users request the "force status transition" feature, I'm wondering if is better to show a disabled checked checkbox instead of "-" in order to make more obvious for the users that the "transition" between the same status is allowed and it cannot be disabled.
- File firstname.lastname@example.org added
Marius BALTEANU wrote:
I'm wondering if is better to show a disabled checked checkbox instead of "-" in order to make more obvious for the users that the "transition" between the same status is allowed and it cannot be disabled.
That makes sense. Do you mean like this?
#16 Updated by Bernhard Rohloff 23 days ago
Marius' suggestion is a neat additional improvement. It coherently presents the current implementation but lets room for future changes without changing parts of the UI.
So if #16364 gets a thing someday, all we have to do is activating the checkboxes again.
- File email@example.com added
Mizuki, thank you for posting the patch.
But I found that transitions whose source status and destination status are the same are displayed in a different color under certain conditions. Could you look into this and update the patch?
Steps to reproduce:
- Before applying the patch, edit the workflow for "Manager" - "Bug", check all transitions and save. Every transition is displayed in green.
- Uncheck the checkbox for "New" -> "New" transition and save. "New" -> "New" transition should be displayed in white.
- Apply the patch 5593-r17235-2.patch
- Check "Manager" - "Bug" workflow. Transitions like "New" -> "New" and "Assigned -> Assigned" are checked and disabled. Although checked statuses should displayed in green but "New" -> "New" status (unchecked in step 2) is displayed in white.