Allow subtasks to be affected to a different target version
We want to have subtasks assigned to be delivered in different Target Versions.
This doesn't seem to be possible - Redmine ignores any change of the Target Version for a subtask and sets it to be equal to that of the parent task.
#1 Updated by Jean-Baptiste Barth over 7 years ago
- Tracker changed from Defect to Feature
- Subject changed from Can't set a different Target Version for a subtask to Allow subtasks to be affected to a different target version
It will be even more difficult to calculate version progress, don't you think so ? Why don't you use issue relations instead of subtasks ?
#3 Updated by Mattias Amnefelt over 4 years ago
The reason I would like this feature is that sometimes we have to pull a small part of a larger ticket out of a particular release, even if the main ticket remains in the release. Currently we have to remove the parent/child relation before we can move the subticket to another version.
#4 Updated by Roman Zimmermann over 4 years ago
Calculating progress isn't as difficult as suggested: It's simply the average progress of all tasks assigned to a version that don't have a parent task assigned to the same version. The same holds for estimated times.
Having issues subtasks on different versions would help us a lot with the following use-case (for agile development):
- multiple product-projects (holding the backlogs)
- one sprint project - sprints are versions in the sprint project
- general user stories to track overall progress in the product-projects are assigned to product versions.
- more specific sub-user-stories that are assigned to sprints (target version)