documents - directories and versions
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
is it possible, to allow for documents to be versioned and organized into directories?
- say, i have document regrding a component of my platform, say, component1
- i have created the design document of this component: component1-design_1.0.doc
- after some time, the design has changed, i need to update the design document. for this reason, i upload the new document into the documents repository in redmine and i do specify the version of the document.
then, while refering to the document from the wiki, i will always get the newest version of the document (the newest version will be the default one) however, i am able to change the default version of the document to custom one
platform | `- components | `- component1 | `- component1-design |- v1.0 |- v1.1 |- v1.2 `- v2.0
#3 Updated by Jos Yule almost 10 years ago
I've just added a similar request - #800. Although my needs are much simpler, and don't require quite the same level of hierarchy that you seem to need. While i agree that having a web-based interface for simple document management (with some version control) is a big win for many users, if you need such a level of control (with directories etc) you might have go with an actual VCS, as Sunday Walker notes.
#5 Updated by Lars Erik Gullerud almost 9 years ago
Having some way to structure the documentation into folders/directories, and optionally even having versioning on them, is basically the last hurdle for us to get rid of our rather painful MS SharePoint server, as everything else is now moved to Redmine... +1 on this, even having just folders/directories would be a nice first step.
#9 Updated by Terence Mill over 6 years ago
Checkout the Plugin for Integration of Alfresco, a full features best of breed OS ECM Web Plattform.
- Document Management: Create, capture, share & retain corporate content.
- Records Management:Ensure governance, compliance & retention.
- Web Content Management:Author, collaborate, approve & publish to the web.
- Enterprise Collaboration: Create, collaborate, iterate, discuss & discover content.
- Open Source Platform: Build content-rich apps & websites using RESTful APIs and open standards.
Installation and of Alfresco and Plugin Setup is done in 20 minutes if you have some adminstrative skills.
#12 Updated by Kelvin Chen about 5 years ago
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
Hi there, this plugin looks really nice after look back to the current document management function on redmine v2.1.2; then is there any way we can replace the current document management function by this one (plugin), the reason is fair enough as document management is always sensitive and therefore a well control/manage system/function is love to have to bring certain value (get rid secret risk) to a project and project management tool like our beloved Redmine.