Defect #17446

Updated by Jan Niggemann (redmine.org team member) over 3 years ago

Hi,

after adding a custom field to my time tracking, adding and editing time entries always fails _when this custom field has been filled_.
I've tried 2 different custom field, both lead to the exact same error:

* Custom field of type 'Integer', not mandatory, added to Spent Time
* Custom field of type 'Boolean', not mandatory (obviously), added to Spent Time

I can add the fields without any issue, and when I leave them empty, I can still add time entries, but when either (or both) custom field is filled, I get an 500 internal server error.

The error log shows the following details:

<pre>
Started PUT "/projects/l-t-media/time_entries/46" for 213.127.211.250 at 2014-07-11 09:29:00 +0200
Processing by TimelogController#update as HTML
Parameters: {"utf8"=>"✓", "authenticity_token"=>"<removed for security reasons>", "back_url"=>"http://<removed for security reasons>/projects/myproject/time_entries", "time_entry"=>{"issue_id"=>"", "spent_on"=>"2014-07-10", "hours"=>"1.0", "comments"=>"Reistijd Nijmegen-Arnhem-Nijmegen", "activity_id"=>"12", "custom_field_values"=>{"6"=>"64"}}, "commit"=>"Bewaren", "project_id"=>"myproject", "id"=>"47"}
Current user: Rinck (id=1)
Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 11.7ms

NoMethodError (undefined method `>' for nil:NilClass):
app/models/custom_field.rb:355:in `validate_field_value_format'
app/models/custom_field.rb:334:in `validate_field_value'
app/models/custom_field_value.rb:46:in `validate_value'
lib/plugins/acts_as_customizable/lib/acts_as_customizable.rb:126:in `each'
lib/plugins/acts_as_customizable/lib/acts_as_customizable.rb:126:in `validate_custom_field_values'
app/controllers/timelog_controller.rb:155:in `update'
</pre>



<pre>
Environment:
Redmine version 2.4.2.stable
Ruby version 1.9.3-p0 (2011-10-30) [x86_64-linux]
Rails version 3.2.16
Environment production
Database adapter Mysql2
SCM:
Filesystem
Redmine plugins:
no plugin installed</pre>

Additional info:
* I am using the Dutch language version of Redmine
* I am using the A1 theme (http://redminecrm.com/pages/a1-theme)

Since I installed Redmine from the default Ubuntu 12.04 repositories, it is not easy for me to upgrade to the latest version to test it there. I do have an older version of Redmine running on a different server (running redmine 1.3.2) and that instance has the exact same custom fields and it works like a charm.

Hoping someone can get this fixed! :)

Back