Plugins Directory » Resource management plugin
|Registered on:||2017-10-26 (22 days ago)|
|Compatible with:||Redmine 4.1.x, 4.0.x, 3.4.x, 3.3.x, 3.2.x|
Redmine Resource management plugin is a tool for professional planning and assignment of work in Redmine. Managers plan work on projects with regard to real-time capacities of workers and estimated time for task realization. Resource management allows managers to balance the workload of the people while keeping schedules of the projects. You can easily look how are your people utilized in the future - whether and when they are overloaded or when they are available for unassigned tasks. Resource Management is fully compliant with IPMA & PMI Project Management methodology standards.
"Redmine solution for the visual planning of resources across all projects."¶
The plugin is available to purchase on the official website!
BENEFITS of Redmine Resource management plugin by Easy:¶
- Displays tasks of the workers in time with their total workload
- Daily/weekly/monthly view of planned workload compared to the capacities
- Task updates and assignment using a drag & drop feature
- Competence planning by teams and trackers - filter only certain type of work with the respective teams
FEATURES of Redmine Resource management plugin by Easy:¶
- Manage with Resource management dashboard - The Resource management dashboard gives you an excellent global view of your workers and tasks that have not been assigned yet. For each user you will be able to the assigned tasks and whether that worker is over- or underloaded. Using Drag & Drop you can easily change the start and due dates of tasks to balance out the workload, allocate unassigned tasks or reassign a task to a different worker. Newly in 2017 version: It is now possible to filter tasks in Resource Management according to fields of their project. This is especially useful in global Resource management.
- Manage competencies with Redmine - Effective allocation of your worker's expertise is crucial good resource management. Using Redmine Resource Management plugin, you can easily create filters that will help you with your competence management, which can be seen in the header. Simply choose the competence and the users and a quick filter will appear on your dashboard, that can be switched on and off when needed. Newly in 2017 version: Better color distinction - in some cases there was red text on a red background in the previous versions so the color distinctions were made looking clearer.
- Milestones within Resource Management - When using global Resource Management, you can easily switch on the milestones in the panel below the chart. This way you can keep up with the dates of your tasks' milestones while managing resources. Newly in 2017 version: The free capacity of the group is calculated from tasks assigned to the group AND tasks assigned to the members of the groups - previously it only worked with tasks directly assigned to a group.
- Easily navigate through users' tasks - Thanks to the project function within the Global Resource Management, you can easily navigate through users tasks. Projects button will allow showing which project each taskbar belongs to, thus simplifying the process of distributing the workload. Newly in 2017 version: Restriction in moving a task with "following" relations was added - Resource Management doesn't show task relations (as regular Gantt). So without the proper context, you may move a task into the future, which also moves a whole set of tasks that follow it. Now, Resource Management shows barriers where you cannot move the task without affecting other tasks.
- Available as a paid plugin for Redmine
- Available for a free trial in Easy Redmine
- 100% open source plugin
- GNU GPL 2 license
- 1 Redmine instance
- Unlimited users
- Unlimited projects
Redmine Resource Management plugin - weekly view of tasks on a project¶
Redmine Resource Management plugin - weekly view of tasks globally¶
Redmine Resource Management plugin - weekly view of tasks and milestones globally¶
Redmine Resource Management plugin - problems list¶
Follow the installation instructions here: https://www.easyredmine.com/component/easyredminehelper/?view=knowledge_detail&id=160#Installation%20of%20Redmine%20Resource%20Management
Compatible with Redmine v3.4.
Compatible with Redmine 4.1.x, 4.0.x, 3.4.x, 3.3.x, 3.2.x.