Issue description edit UI/UX issues overview¶
This page lists an overview of issues which are speaking about a/the 'issue description edit' UI/UX issue.
The initial change that is the root of these long-standing issues is r1129, which itself was done in preparation for #563 and #607. After that, r8102 for #7603 intended to (and does to a certain extend) elevate the reports up to then. Nevertheless, it still seems it could use optimization/redesign based on the issues reported after that change for #7603.
This list could be used for tracking all these issues and for getting an insight into what is actually expected.
Issue list (chronological)¶
- Patch #1487: subject and description edition on Issues are hard to find
- Defect #2000: Can't edit subject or description of original ticket
- Feature #3182: Allow edit to the issue's description field
- Feature #3696: Description editing
- Defect #4241: possibility to change title of a task
- Defect #4900: The (more) link when managers change properties should be more obvious
- Feature #6165: Ability to edit existing description
- Feature #7603: Please make editing issues more obvious than "Change properties (More)"
- Defect #10547: Editing Ticketname and Description possible with some bug
- Defect #10695: Regression: Feature for 1.4.0 (#7603) showing "Please make editing issues more obvious than "Change properties (More)"" has removed ability to change description
- Defect #11392: Cannot edit issue description
- Feature #22793: Description Editing
- Feature #28200: Improve the UI/UX of the 'issue description edit' feature