PluginCollapse » History » Version 8
Redmine Collapse plugin¶
Redmine Collapse is a plugin which transforms the default Redmine sidebar into a collapsible sidebar with additional tabs.
- Replaces the Redmine core's sidebar
- The default sidebar-content is available on the default Actions-tab
- An optional Projects-tab provides (nested) project-links of projects for which the current user has a role;
- on Redmine 0.8.0 project-links are pointing to project overviews
- on Redmine 0.8.1 project-links are pointing to the currently-watched views in the selected project (if available)
- Optionally, the core's project-selector drop-down menu can be hidden
- All the used strings can be centrally translated to every language (currently only English and Dutch are translated, for others stubs are provided)
|Global view; Collapsed sidebar||Global view; Un-collapsed sidebar, Projects-tab|
|Project view; Un-collapsed sidebar, Projects-tab||Project view; Un-collapsed sidebar, Actions-tab|
|Settings view; Project-selector shown||Settings view; Project-selector hidden|
This plugin requires at least Redmine 0.8.0 and is compatible with the Redmine 0.8-Stable branch.
||Probably, but yet to be tested|
1. Obtain the plugin by downloading the latest archive file attached to this page or from the upcoming website http://www.evil-dev.net.
2. Install the plugin as described here. This plugin doesn't require migration.
3. Login to your Redmine
Configuration¶This plugin can be configured under Administration -> Plugins -> Redmine Collapse plugin -> Configure. It provides the following implemented settings:
- Show the projects tab (default: yes)
- Hide the core project selector (default: no)
1. Download the latest archive file attached to this page or from the upcoming website http://www.evil-dev.net.
2. Unzip the file to your Redmine into the vendor/plugins directory
3. Restart your Redmine
1. Remove the directory
redmine_collapse from the plugin-directory ../vendor/plugins.
2. Restart Redmine.
Make sure that no plugin-assets remain available in ../public/plugin_assets/redmine_collapse.
Todo¶Note that these can be a subject of change:
- Make the position of the collapsible sidebar configurable (left and right)
- Add a new tab which could provide a neat location for global-report links
- Try to make the plugin upwards compatible with Redmine
trunk > r2304while maintaining backwards compatibility with the
- Add a new configurable tab to hold the project-menu items (thanks to Eric Davis for the idea)
Thanks goes out to the following people:
- Eric Davis, Little Stream Software (http://www.littlestreamsoftware.com)
- Provided skeleton for Redmine core patches (see lib/collapse_application_helper_patch.rb)
- Sebastian Kurfürst, Typo3 Development Team (http://www.typo3.org)
- Author of the Redmine core hacks, to implement this feature for Typo3-Forge, used as a base for this plugin
- Lalit Patel, (http://www.lalit.org)
This plugin is licensed under the GNU GPL v2. See LICENSE.txt and GPL.txt for details.
If you need help, would like to report a bug or would like to request a new feature you can contact the maintainer at his upcoming website. Or, join the
#redmine-channel on the freenode IRC network and see if the maintainer is connected (with the nickname