PluginGitosis » History » Version 4
A Redmine plugin which manages your gitosis configuration based on your projects and memberships in Redmine. Includes Public Key management views (extracted from Planio).
- Updates your Gitosis config (create repos, add keys, add access privileges)
- Allows users to upload public keys
Getting the plugin¶
Please head over to GitHub to fetch the latest version.
This plugin is provided as is and experimental. It works great in production for Planio, but we don’t guarantee it will work for you.
- make sure the plugin folder is named redmine_gitosis and not redmine-gitosis (note "_" vs "-")
- you must setup a key with gitosis-admin write rights and copy it to /path/to/redmine/vendor/plugins/redmine_gitosis/extra/ssh/private_key
- for some misterious reason I had to copy the key in ~/.ssh/id for the user running passenger (but under mongrel it wasn't required)
- edit /path/to/redmine/vendor/plugins/redmine_gitosis/lib/gitosis.rb and fix the following
- GITOSIS_URI - this should be the uri for retrieving the gitosis-admin repository
- GITOSIS_BASE_PATH - this should be set to the path where gitosis stores the repositories (used for repository deletes only)
- after install each user should have a link, on the my account page, right next to the change password link
Resources & related discussion¶
Jan Schulz-Hofen, ROCKET RENTALS GmbH