Redmine plugins rely on Rails engines to add functionalities to the application.
Installing a plugin¶
1. If you're using a 0.7.x release, you need to install the Rails engines plugin (make sure to get the Rails 2.0.2 version). As of 0.8.0, Rails engines is included in Redmine, so skip this step unless you're using an older Redmine version.
ruby script/plugin install http://svn.rails-engines.org/engines/tags/rel_2.0.0/ mv vendor/plugins/rel_2.0.0 vendor/plugins/engines
2. Then, copy your plugin directory into
3. If the plugin requires a migration, run the following command to upgrade your database (make a db backup before):
rake db:migrate_plugins RAILS_ENV=production
4. Restart Redmine
You should now be able to see the plugin list in Administration -> Plugins and configure the newly installed plugin (if the plugin requires to be configured).
The list below contains the plugins from authors who requested to add them here or who are having the contributer-role on the Redmine-project themself.
- BotsFilterPlugin prevents common bots from crawling various urls.
- Bulk Time Entry is a plugin to enter multiple time entries at one time.
- Budget is a plugin to manage the set of deliverables for each project, automatically calculating key performance indicators.
- Collapse is a plugin which transforms the default Redmine sidebar into a collapsible sidebar.
- Customer is a plugin to track basic customer information and to see which project belonged to a customer.
- Embedded lets you embed HTML files (eg. auto generated documentation, test reports) in your projects.
- Exception Handler will allow Redmine to send emails when an exception or error occurs.
- ezFAQ is a FAQ management plugin for Redmine.
- ezLibrarian is a book shelf management plugin designed for use in company or department.
- Google Analytics is a simple plugin to include a Google Analytics tracking code within Redmine.
- Google Calendar is a simple plugin to include Google Calendar iframe as a tab within Redmine projects.
- Graphs is a simple plugin provides additional graphs for the system.
- Project Scores is a plugin which will let a user score a project on different criteria.
- RD formatter adds Ruby Doc text formatting capability to Redmine (requires Redmine r1955 or above)
- Question is a plugin which will allow users to ask questions to each other in issue notes
- Rate is a plugin which will store billable rates for users.
- Schedules is a plugin which will schedule users to assigned projects over time
- Simple CI is a generic plugin for integrating per project RSS continuous integration feeds (eg. Cruise Control) in Redmine.
- Stuff To Do allows a user to order and prioritize the issues they are doing into a specific order. It will also allow other privileged users to reorder the user's workload.
- System Notification is a plugin that will allow an Administrator to send notification emails to recently logged in users.
- Timesheet is a plugin to show and filter timelogs across all projects in Redmine.