Redmine plugins rely on Rails engines to add functionalities to the application.
Installing a plugin¶
1. If you're using a 0.7.x release, you need to install the Rails engines plugin (make sure to get the Rails 2.0.2 version). As of 0.8.0, Rails engines is included in Redmine, so skip this step unless you're using an older Redmine version.
ruby script/plugin install http://svn.rails-engines.org/engines/tags/rel_2.0.0/ mv vendor/plugins/rel_2.0.0 vendor/plugins/engines
2. Then, copy your plugin directory into
3. If the plugin requires a migration, run the following command to upgrade your database (make a db backup before):
rake db:migrate_plugins RAILS_ENV=production
4. Restart Redmine
You should now be able to see the plugin list in Administration -> Plugins and configure the newly installed plugin (if the plugin requires to be configured).
The list below contains the plugins from authors who requested to add them here or who are having the contributer-role on the Redmine-project themself.
- BotsFilterPlugin prevents common bots from crawling various urls.
- Blog Plugin is a plugin for having a blog within Redmine.
- BugCloud is a plugin that visualizes the tickets as a bug cloud.
- Budget is a plugin to manage the set of deliverables for each project, automatically calculating key performance indicators.
- Bulk Time Entry is a plugin to enter multiple time entries at one time.
- Chat is a plugin to chat within Redmine. Early state!
- Code Book is a plugin that provides code snippet management.
- Code Review Plugin is a plugin for Redmine which lets you annotate source code within the repository browser.
- Charts Plugin is a plugin for Redmine which integrates some nice project charts like a burndown chart.
- Collapse is a plugin which moves the Redmine sidebar to the left side and makes it collapsible.
- Customer is a plugin to track basic customer information and to see which project belonged to a customer.
- Diff Email is a plugin which sends diff mails of the code changes of last changeset to other users.
- Embedded lets you embed HTML files (eg. auto generated documentation, test reports) in your projects.
- Exception Handler will allow Redmine to send emails when an exception or error occurs.
- ezFAQ is a FAQ management plugin for Redmine.
- ezFtpSearch is a Ftp files search plugin for Redmine, with a ftp spider.
- ezLibrarian is a book shelf management plugin designed for use in company or department.
- ezSidebar is a simple plugin to make it easy to add content(like google ads) to redmine's sidebar.
- ezSummary will send an issue status summary mail to the specified email-address.
- Google Analytics is a simple plugin to include a Google Analytics tracking code within Redmine.
- Google Calendar is a simple plugin to include Google Calendar iframe as a tab within Redmine projects.
- Graphs provides additional graphs for the issue tracker.
- Hudson Plugin is a plugin which integrates hudson jobs into redmine.
- IssuesGroup is a plugin implementation of issues grouping, query categorization and subissues feature.
- LocalAvatars is a plugin implementation of local user avatars.
- Markdown Extra formatter adds Markdown Extra text formatting capability to Redmine.
- Messenger is a plugin to interact with Redmine via instant messenger.
- My Widgets is a plugin that provides additional blocks for the my page portal.
- Project Scores is a plugin which will let a user score a project on different criteria.
- RD formatter adds Ruby Doc text formatting capability to Redmine (requires Redmine r1955 or above)
- Question is a plugin which will allow users to ask questions to each other in issue notes
- Rate is a plugin which will store billable rates for users.
- Projects Tree View Plugin is a plugin which turns the projects index view into a tree view that can be expanded and collapsed.
- Resources Plugin is a plugin which allows links to resources to be added to an issue. For the purposes of this plugin, a resource is any external site that is useful for the understanding or completion of an issue.
- Require Note is a plugin which forces users to enter a comment when closing a ticket.
- Redmine Tab is a plugin to create a new Redmine tab to embed content from an iframe on a per-project base.
- Schedules is a plugin which will schedule users to assigned projects over time
- Scrumdashboard Plugin is a plugin which provides a scrum dashboard to Redmine and which can be used on a per project base. 0.8.x only!
- Simple CI is a generic plugin for integrating per project RSS continuous integration feeds (eg. Cruise Control) in Redmine.
- Status Updates is a plugin that allows users to create small status updates about what they’re currently working on. You can think of it as Twitter on a per-project basis, within Redmine. source is available here
- Stuff To Do allows a user to order and prioritize the issues they are doing into a specific order. It will also allow other privileged users to reorder the user's work queue.
- System Notification is a plugin that will allow an Administrator to send notification emails to recently logged in users.
- Timesheet is a plugin to show and filter timelogs across all projects in Redmine.
- Todo Lists Plugin is a plugin for Redmine to create and manage agile-esque todo lists on a per project basis.
- Vote allows users to vote on which issues are important to them.
- Wiki Extensions Plugin is a plugin for Redmine which adds several usefull wiki macros to your redmine.
- HoptoadServer transforms your Redmine into a hub for exception handling, similar to Hoptoad or Exceptional . An issue will be created or updated for every exception which is thrown in your live applications.