script "about" will not output clean (funny catch22, I cant post my question without this running first)

Added by Jason Sjöbeck about 11 years ago

Hey, hi, all,

I love the project & really just getting in to using a bit now & cant wait to release it on the rest of the team ASAP. They will love it too. Thanks.

Quick question please. I searched for the answer too but the couple hits I found didnt quite ring crystal clear for me so wanted to get clarification.

Am I running mod_cgi, or fastcgi, or mod_rails, or mod_ruby, and how to tell, and then which one is the fastest (pure speed!) for me to use.

We are running centOS 5.3, redmine 0.8.3, httpd 2.2.3-22, ruby 1.8.7, rails 2.3.2, Passenger 2.2.2, and the environment looks like this:

[root@www script]# RAILS_ENV=production ./about
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- rails/info (MissingSourceFile)
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:510:in `require'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:355:in `new_constants_in'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:510:in `require'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.1.2/lib/commands/about.rb:2
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
from ./about:3
[root@www script]#
[root@www script]# pwd
/var/www/html/redmine-0.8.3/script
[root@www script]# whoami
root
[root@www script]#

Passenger is running according to 'ps'.

I attempted & some what succeeded at deploying the Rails app as a sub-URI to one of our main sites, but the logs seems to suggest that it is using CGI. I cant tell what it is using to serve, but it is there. But it is sluggish.

Note: LDAP & HTTPS & SVN all work very, very well for us.

Thanks so much.
All advice is greatly appreciated.
Jason Sjöbeck

Replies (1)

RE: script "about" will not output clean (funny catch22, I cant post my question without this running first) - Added by Jason Sjöbeck about 11 years ago

oh, damn, I started writing one thread & then changed gears & posted the body of this post with the wrong subject line how can I change the subject line to one that makes sense?

(1-1/1)