SVN + SSH Causes webrick to hang

Added by Jon Welters about 9 years ago

Good morning all,

I'm working on getting redmine running to demonstratre to our software team. However I've ran into a snag, all of our SVN repositories run over ssh but don't use port 22. It's easy enough to add a line to the .ssh/config file to tell the ssh syntax to use a different port for normal svn+ssh usage. However Redmine seems to have some issues, when using a repository that is setup like this Redmine just hangs and eventually becomes useless until it's restarted. Redmine is running under a user that's fully configured to run a command like svn co svn+ssh://server-url/path/repo however it just dies when redmine goes to do the same thing. I'm assuming due to the non generic port usage.

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks,
Jon

Replies (2)

RE: SVN + SSH Causes webrick to hang - Added by Jon Welters about 9 years ago

After some testing that doesn't appear to be the issue. I created a test repository on the same server in question and it fails. The repository I need to link into redmine has some svn:externals, are those known to cause problems. Other then that it is fairly large. Is there a known issue with large repositories and Redmine?

RE: SVN + SSH Causes webrick to hang - Added by Jon Welters about 9 years ago

Hmmm.... I have the repository imported and working ! Turns out it just took 21 minutes to import (without showing signs of progress).

Last question, is there a way to get Redmine to recognize svn:externals ? That would be a big help for us and would be the breaking point as to whether it's worth the effort to transition our system from Trac to Redmine.

Thanks !,
Jon

(1-2/2)