Metrics over times on status of Issues per project

Added by gabriel scolan almost 9 years ago

Hi all,

Redmine is being adopted by our company, and my boss (as many one) would like to see metrics on issues over time : in particular, see a curve (or bars) over time showing for each day (or week or month - could be an adjustable parameter, on a zoom feature on the curve) how many issues where in which status, per project (including eventually subprojects).
Other values than "status" could be used as a criteria, for example any custom field that is a list or a boolean could be investigated.

I've tried to make a mock-up for that, and it is almost possible, since the history of fields modifications is almost complete: redmine keep track on each modification of each field. However, I miss the tracking of the "move" actions. Indeed, if in a study case, a project had 10 associated issues one day and the day the metrics is computed (parsing the history), only 5 are present, it seems impossible to display the status of those 10 since they are no more associated to the project => as a consequence, the generation of the curve one day will display different history than some days before.

As a workaround, I dump the database every day in a dated file, so the history is captured and is not changing. For those files, it is possible to generate the demanded curves.

I just wonder if this metrics could not be a Redmine feature (or a plugin), where the history that is already kept by redmine on fields modifications would be extended to capture the "moves".

What do you think of that ? Has anyone already work on this ? Any idea ?

many thanks

gabriel