Submissions » History » Version 24
Toshi MARUYAMA, 2014-11-05 00:20
add "using plugins"
h1. Submissions on redmine.org
|3||13||Mischa The Evil||
|4||13||Mischa The Evil|
Submissions should be written in English.
h2. Submitting a Bug
Before submitting a bug report here, please make sure:
* that you're using an appropriate Rails version (see [[RedmineInstall]])
* that your database is up to date, especially if you've just migrated from a previous version or revision (see [[RedmineUpgrade]])
* if your problem is related to svn (or any other scm), that the proper binaries are installed on your Redmine host (see [[RedmineRepositories]])
And have a look at the "bug list":http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/issues?query_id=1 and the [[FAQ]] to see if it has not already been reported.
When filling a bug report, please give the following information with the description of your problem:
* your database manager version (eg. PostgreSQL 8.2)
* your Ruby version (eg. Ruby 1.8.7)
* your Rails version (eg. Rails 2.3.11)
* your Redmine version (pick the version number in the _Affected version_ field) and the exact revision (eg. r1142) if you're using repository code
* your scm binary version (eg. svn 1.4) if your problem is about scm integration
* your using plugins (eg. Code Review plugin)
The simplest way to get information about your environment is to run the following command from within your Redmine installation:
Also, when reporting an application error, post the error stack trace that you should find in the log file (eg. @log/production.log@). The message displayed by the application (eg. _...An error occurred on the page you were trying to access..._) is useless here.
If the error you're reporting occurs when running a rake task (example: @rake db:migrate@), rerun the task with the @--trace@ option (example: @rake db:migrate --trace@) and post the full output.
|35||7||Karl Heinz Marbaise|
h2. Submitting a Security Vulnerability
If you think that you've found a security vulnerability, please report it by sending an email to: @security(at)redmine.org@. Known vulnerabilities that were fixed in Redmine releases are listed on the [[Security Advisories]].
h2. Submitting a Feature Request
Before submitting a feature request here, please make sure:
* fill the _subject_ as a sum up of your description
* fill the _description_ as detailed as you can, don't hesitate to describe precisely how this feature should behave, try to add what benefits you're excepting from it
* please *DON'T* fill the _target version_ field: let the developers decide when integrate
* please *DON'T* assign the feature request to anybody, let the developers deal with it
|49||13||Mischa The Evil||
h2. Submitting a Wiki improvement
|50||13||Mischa The Evil|
|51||13||Mischa The Evil||
When you edit a wiki page to improve its content, make sure that you fill the _comment_ field with a descriptive summary of the changes you've made to the page. This way we'll be better able to "monitor" and "maintain" the quality of the actual wiki content.
|52||13||Mischa The Evil|
h2. Submitting a Patch
|55||13||Mischa The Evil||
* Changes should be submitted as a single patch file. Instructions for creating a patch using svn can be found [[Patch|here]].
|56||13||Mischa The Evil||
* You should mention the branch/revision your patch is based on and attach it