Deep usability changes-any previous discussions or plans?

Added by Evgeniy Solovyov almost 5 years ago

Hi,
I'd like to discuss users opinion about possible changes to usability in redmine. While the software is great i think that everyday work is quite slow. I mean possible utilization of fast JS and web 2.0 principles(similar to asana or pivotal) to make the work in redmine more comfortable.
I don't think the ideas should be changed but i would like that:
- see fast popup to create or edit issue
- use drag and drop between issues, users, versions, reorder parent associations between tasks
- see the content of task in 3rd column of multicolumn interface, like asana or modern mail apps
- fast inline edits of titles,etc
- keyboard shortcuts

In scope of this i think it would be a good idea to revise a CSS structure to make it more block oriented, get rid of IDs(replace them with classes). May be something generic like twitter bootstrap can be used.

So i was going to do some of this things via plugin or so, but i see that it is actually rather large piece of work and should be a part of some global redmine strategy.

Any thoughts about it?

Replies (3)

RE: Deep usability changes-any previous discussions or plans? - Added by Evgeniy Solovyov almost 5 years ago

Btw this can be done more like a client to redmine REST api.

RE: Deep usability changes-any previous discussions or plans? - Added by Michael Gaganov almost 5 years ago

Agreed. Redmine is good but looks and interacts old-style.

(1-3/3)