Rails 2.3.4 - Plugin routes.rb change

Added by Eric Davis over 8 years ago

The Redmine core will be upgrading to Rails 2.3.4 this next week. As part of this upgrade we will be getting a new version of Rails Engines. This will affect any Redmine plugin that is using a custom route.rb file. There is a simple fix, which I've tested on my kanban_plugin already:

1. Copy the routes.rb file to config/routes.rb. Make sure to copy it, so older versions of Redmine can still use the old code

2. Edit the config/routes.rb from:

resource :kanban

to:

ActionController::Routing::Routes.draw do |map|
  map.resource :kanban
end

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric Davis

Replies (2)

RE: Rails 2.3.4 - Plugin routes.rb change - Added by Nikos Dimitrakopoulos about 8 years ago

Eric Davis wrote:

The Redmine core will be upgrading to Rails 2.3.4 this next week. As part of this upgrade we will be getting a new version of Rails Engines. This will affect any Redmine plugin that is using a custom route.rb file. There is a simple fix, which I've tested on my kanban_plugin already:

1. Copy the routes.rb file to config/routes.rb. Make sure to copy it, so older versions of Redmine can still use the old code

2. Edit the config/routes.rb from:

[...]

to:

[...]

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric Davis

thanx a lot, i'm going to fork/update a lot of plugins :)

RE: Rails 2.3.4 - Plugin routes.rb change - Added by Eric Davis about 8 years ago

Nikos Dimitrakopoulos wrote:

thanx a lot, i'm going to fork/update a lot of plugins :)

Great. Just make sure to check my forks first, I've upgraded all the plugins I use already. Some updates might have been done in a "rails" or "rails-2.3" branch.

Eric Davis

(1-2/2)