Required field can't be read-only
I've encountered some bug, which prevents the creation of a new issue.
Maybe this is solved by commiting #12005, but in the current trunk and Redmine 2.2.2 this bug is reproduceable.Ways to reproduce this error:
- Set custom field as required
- Define field as read-only in workflow
- Try to add issue, as you could see the field isn't displayed in the form but is checked in the required process
Maybe this one is related with #12856, which hasn't any relation to custom fields, but the result seems to be the same.
Some suggestion to solve this:
Commit patch from #12005, remove required checkbox from custom fields, set currently required fields to "required" in all workflows. This way there is no way to set a field as read-only and required.
#3 Updated by Daniel Felix about 4 years ago
- Affected version (unused) changed from 2.2.2 to 2.3.2
- Affected version changed from 2.2.2 to 2.3.2
I can reproduce this, even with the current release or with 2.3.2-devel (r12012).
It would be good to prevent setting a field to "hidden", if it is a required field. Or on the other hand, the field should be only required if it is visible to the user.